Now I am about to teach you something so simple I want to laugh. Do not tell me Susie, I do not have the space because yes you do. I live in a city townhouse with no yard & barely any space yet I found space! This project is great to get kids in on if you want something to do no matter what time of year it is.
Now, did you know that any kind of bean sprout is actually proven far more loaded with nutrients than the actual full grown bean? Bean sprouts are great to serve up in a salad or stir fry. Actually you can use them so many ways in the kitchen. You can grow this garden in less than a week. I am not kidding you. I just did it myself! You need to save your salad containers when you eat out. They make great mini green houses for this fast project! You can use any type of bean you want. I used regular peas.
- Step 1: Save your salad containers & lids when you eat out
- Step 2: Fill with dirt half way
- Step 3: Place your chosen beans in neat little rows in your mini green house ( these salad containers are so great to use as a mini green house!)
- Step 4: Mist well with a water bottle & close up lid do not open again until desired growth
- Step 5: Place in a sunny spot indoors and wait 3 days! In just 3 days you should see your sprouts by day 4-6 they should be ready to harvest & eat!
This is such an easy gratifying project to do at any age and a fun healthy up-cycle one at that! Have fun gardening friends!